Just in time for Halloween, add two favorite friends to your preschooler’s role play repertoire with our DIY Pete the Cat® and Shelby the pug mask templates! Follow the directions below and let the creative pretend play begin, OR add the optional costume pieces for trick-or-treat-ready costumes!
- Choose your mask—or make both!—and print it out. Click here for the downloadable Pete the Cat mask template or here for the Shelby mask template.
- Use crayons and markers to color the masks.
- Cut out the template. Older kids can try this themselves, using child-safe scissors, for a bit of fine motor practice. Don’t forget to cut out the eye holes!
- Snip the side holes, measure a piece of elastic string to fit around your child’s head, and string the elastic through the holes, securing it with a knot.
To complete your Pete the Cat costume, add:
- A blue sweat suit or blue leggings/pants and long-sleeved blue tee
- Red or white high top sneakers
- Optional: yellow coat with four colorful buttons
To complete your Shelby costume, add:
- A tan sweat suit or tan leggings/pants and a long-sleeved tan tee
- A blue collar with faux diamond studs
- A pin-on, curly cue pipe cleaner in tan or brown
- Optional: white bone cut from construction paper